Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Ft. Dix Training continues


We arrived in Ft Dix, NJ last Saturday afternoon. I spent the week in Norfolk with 38 people from all over the Navy, processing through the administrative stuff. We then all loaded on a charter bus and made our way to Ft. Dix, NJ, arriving here on Saturday afternoon.


We moved into our barracks. Most have about 12-16 men to a room, I'm lucky to bunk only 4 in a room. My roommates are pretty cool, and all really good guys. Noah sent me his Spongebob Squarepants sheets to make my bunk feel a little more like home. I love them!! Thanks Noah!


In front of the Ft Dix Federal Prison, on base and right down the street.



We all had smallpox vaccinations before we got here. This is a "normal" reaction to the vaccine...green to white puss popping out of a red swollen knot on my arm at the site.


Typical field lunch. These are not MRE's (Meals Ready to Eat) but are instead a kinder/gentler lunch box with all commercial off-the-shelf items. Only 1400 calories in the whole box!!! The food is actually pretty good but loaded with preservatives, High Fructose Corn Syrup, and fat. I stick the the main entree, the raisins, and crackers/bread sticks. One of my room mates, Greg "bucket" Burkett...he's a pilot. I have to run since Internet speed is crawling here. I will upload more pictures as soon as training sked allows. I miss you all. Thanks for looking! Email me if you want to catch up or see anything different on here... travismortimer@gmail.com

No comments:

How to catch a terrorist