Thursday, March 12, 2009

Recon Butts Drive Me Nuts!

I hear the most ridiculous requests for services all the time. As the construction guy for the base, everyone thinks I can do just about anything! Maybe it's because they see all the stuff my office does all over the base, or because they know that I really can get just about anything done. I've posted a couple photos of some ridiculousness from the past couple weeks or so.
You can barely see it here, but on that helicopter is some graffiti that says "Recon Butts Drive Me Nuts." This helo is sitting in a pile of junked aircraft and is just some debris lying by the side of the road. I received this photo, nicely labeled telling me the location of the aircraft, with a request to have someone go paint over it because it offended some VIP, or has the potential to offend a VIP. Oh brother!
Here's one of my latest "oops." I was relocating the "North Point Mall," a collection of gift shop trailers and the Burger King, Pizza Hut, and food court type vendors to a new compound. The job involved completely moving all the trailers and setting up the electrical distribution, plumbing, security blast walls, graveling the area, and all that. The job was nearly complete until the crew had to dig up a sewer line to fix a leak. They dug the trench immediately next to the t-wall and the ground gave way beneath, and the walls came tumbling down.
The Burger King trailer was no match for the several 14,000 pound t-walls that fell onto it. This delayed the opening for a couple weeks. It's all been fixed to date, but I still hear about this little "uh oh." I had a whopper for dinner tonight. Delicious!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

its a good thing no one was under that thing in the trench

How to catch a terrorist