Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Sasebo No Mo


I got an email from my detailer the other day notifying me that my upcoming PCS to Sasebo, Japan, would be delayed until October because of a lack of funding for Permanent Change of Station moves. I called him back to explore some options, and pretty much let him know I'm flexible, willing to play along with whatever the Navy decides, and to let him know of my family situation so he would know where to "stash" me until the move. I explained that being stashed in Norfolk would be a minor inconvenience for the family since they're in Atlanta, and asked if I could hang out in Atlanta, maybe working for the Air Station in Marietta, or whatever. I also jokingly mentioned that I'd be willing to just stay in ATL and go to grad school at Georgia Tech if he'd let me. He needed to work out some details and he got back with me 15 minutes later with some news... We're not going to Sasebo. We're going somewhere else...

More to follow on Meredith's blog on the what and when and how?

No comments:

How to catch a terrorist