Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas As Usual Around Here

Christmas day has come and gone here at Al Asad, and I have to say that I'm glad to be working on towards January already. Time is dragging right now so we're trying to keep busy with things that distract.

For the Holidays, Mike and I decorated a little tree we received in the mail (pictured below). It is a humble tree, but festive enough for us.
The day was nice, the air crisp and clear. On Christmas day, I was able to go for a nice 5 mile run, catch some sleep, watch "It's a Wonderful Life" TWICE, attend a "Christmas Pageant" at the Chapel,and then I ate at Burger King for dinner!
Work didn't stop at a few of my job sites. A K-Span being built by Iraqis...their first structure of this type for us. Their actually doing better than expected.

We had a great sunset, nice and crisp. This is my front door on the far right. Exciting, huh??

2 comments:

Tom Cat said...

Hi Scott, I just wanted to let you know that I have been receiving your e-mails and that everything is OK here. Every time that I try to write an e-mail, the e-mail program starts messing up. That's why you haven't received many e-mails from me. Joe said that he didn't think that he wanted to Iraq or Afghanistan. I have more to say to you but I don't want to post it here for the world to see. As soon as I can get my e-mail working right again I will send you a better letter. I also want to let you know that I check your blog once or twice a week to see what you're up to. I love you and miss you.

Dad

mark said...

TO:Mr. Mortimer,You look good with that bar,shave tail!
From: Mr. Zablotny USN RET.
majzee@cox.net

How to catch a terrorist